DOSBOX Programming Help
11-20-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 06:17 PM by Jeff O..)
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help
(11-20-2014 12:51 PM)John W Kercheval Wrote:  I am offering a $250 fee for someone who really knows how to use DOSBOX to create some desktop icons to run some old DOS programs under Win 7 64 bit.

I have one that runs that way and am looking for three others but I do not know how to use DOSBOX to create such files.

Need: immediate. Must accept PayPal.

Let me know if you can do it.

John Kercheval

I sure don't qualify as a DOSBox expert, but I was able to install it and get it to work with one old DOS program that I really wanted to keep using after I was converted to WIN 7, with a shortcut to my desktop that opens the program in DOSBox. You can make DOSBox do things at startup using the dosbox-0.74.conf file. At the bottom, there is an [autoexec] section, which has commands that run at startup. My autoexec section reads as follows:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
MOUNT c E:\cadd6
C:
CADD

The above commands tell DOSBox to treat my E:\cadd6 directory as the C: drive, then changes directory to the C: drive, then executes the cadd program. The shortcut on my desktop looks like this:

"E:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe"

The above would let you start one program in DOSBox. I would think you could have multiple folders (DOSBox1, DOSbox2, etc.), each the target of a different shortcut. Each folder would have a full instance of DOSBox inside, with a dosbox-0.74.conf file and [autoexec] section causing it to run a different program.

Hope the above makes sense and helps, I have no idea if Han's method will work, if so, probably a lot cleaner. Ask if you have any questions.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DOSBOX Programming Help - John W Kercheval - 11-20-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - Han - 11-20-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - Jeff O. - 11-20-2014 06:09 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - Jeff O. - 11-20-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - Garth Wilson - 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - Jeff O. - 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: DOSBOX Programming Help - eried - 11-24-2014, 06:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)