[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-24-2015 06:03 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Girls, girls, can't we all get along???

I think this is a matter of different priorities and personal requirements. Even 'expensive' or 'cheap' depends on one's skills, access to materials, etc.

Different strokes and all that no?

Discussion of different solutions to solve a need is healthy; readers can decide which is best for them, based on their own skills, priorities, etc.

I don't think anything useful is accomplished by trying to decide for other people, which is a better solution.

Though I admit to learing more about the topic by watching the sparring, I'm not sure it's healthy overall.

Just an opinion though, please carry on...

Call me a girl again, Robert, and I'll hit you with my purse, er, I mean man-bag. Smile

The underlying point here is that if one is going to offer advice then one should be well informed. Jebem didn't perform the proper research before diving into his DIY project.
  • He was unaware that Harald's boards even existed. If he had read Katie's article he would have learned of them. This is evidenced by the fact that he was unaware of the prices, not having read Harald's original post, despite the recent link.
  • He was unaware of the availability of the pogo connector parts, despite the fact that they were right under his nose in the Museum Classifieds.
At the beginning of this thread Jebem jumped in and offered his solution as the only show in town. The result was John had to deal with a cheap Chinese adapter with bad documentation. If Jebem hadn't been so eager to toot his own horn and offered alternatives then perhaps this thread might not be so long.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - Dave Frederickson - 01-24-2015 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)