[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 11:02 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
John,

(01-24-2015 10:00 PM)John Galt Wrote:  I did not interpret Jose's solution as the only one, far from it.

That's good, despite Jose presenting it that way.

(01-24-2015 10:00 PM)John Galt Wrote:  Don't assume my research was limited to this thread, which it was not.

I wasn't.
(01-24-2015 10:00 PM)John Galt Wrote:  I also knew what I was getting into by buying a $1.79 cable. It's worth every penny! Its documentation was in complete agreement with everyone else's. The only defect was its incorrect assembly.

This is one of those chicken and the egg things. Which came first, the cable or the documentation. In the absence of all else, the docs should match the hardware. The bottom line is an assembly/documentation issue due to a cheap, Chinese cable was giving you trouble. Would you still have chosen this path if Jose hadn't jumped in? Maybe not.

(01-24-2015 10:00 PM)John Galt Wrote:  Other than having reversed Tx / Rx lines it works completely fine, and it performs the exact same functions as Harald's cable.

Not exactly, Harald's board has buttons, which makes it much easier to work with. To create a working cable with Harald's board requires a total of six solder connections, if that's the goal. For those who aren't as skilled as yourself I see this as a plus well worth the difference in price.

In your writeup of this project I suggest you leave out the part about the cable assembly and only address the driver and O/S aspect, as that's what makes your experience unique.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - Dave Frederickson - 01-24-2015 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)