Oldest computer you've used for "real work"?
03-21-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Oldest computer you've used for "real work"?
(12-23-2014 02:32 AM)John Galt Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 10:50 AM)Chris Randle (UK) Wrote:  Still use my 16C (computer?) at work most days. [...] it's 26 years old, although I've owned it for only 20 years.

Probably not that impressive an age compared to some, but what I find amazing is that there's still no better tool for working in hex/binary/decimal and flipping between word sizes and complement modes.

Agreed. I sold mine ... only because someone was willing to pay a hideous amount for mine.
I soon regretted it because as you said there really is no substitute, until learning (here) about the amazing WP-34s. It's overkill for the task, but nothing else comes close to emulating a proper 16C. The WP-35s does it perfectly. Better, in fact.

Oh, great... thanks, guys! I thought I'd just catch up on some of the older forum posts, and NOW there's ANOTHER calculator I absolutely must have! :-P

I finally found a near-mint 16c last year for about $100 and jumped on it. Always regretted not buying one when they were brand new. And I agree, nothing else I've owned is quite like it.

Now, how much money do I have accumulated in my nickels-and-dimes jar for that 34s?

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oldest computer you've used for "real work"? - johnb - 03-21-2015 06:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)