WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
01-27-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
(01-27-2015 02:09 AM)Bit Wrote:  My original intention was to allow very efficient access to bitwise operations if you already have a WP 34S. No new overlay necessary, just flash the updated firmware and you get a layout that's easy to learn and use without changing anything on the 34S and without making the scientific functionality any less accessible. I consider this an important goal in its own right and I'd like to provide a good solution.

I'm not sure how useful it'd be to create an overlay that's basically the same as the cheat sheets I produced because I think it's much easier to learn that shifts are on S and rotates on R and so on than to remember which statistical functions are where. That said, I wouldn't mind spending some time on it if there's demand for it. I can't manufacture the overlays but I could create the artwork.
I agree. As a cheat sheet you can refer to it (until memorized) and it doesn't COVER UP any of the very valuable key legends or button-top legends. If you covered up the WP-34s with these stickers then the calculator would LOSE UTILITY and would be reduced to a "Programmers Only" calculator. Some may want a Programmers Only calculator, but I prefer the full utility and versatility of the WP-34s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C - BarryMead - 01-27-2015 02:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)