Rectangular to Polar Coordinate Conversion
08-29-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Rectangular to Polar Coordinate Conversion
Yeah, so great that you are all creating functions for something that in my opinion should be built in to the HP Prime CAS from the beginning especially since there is a dedicated ∡ button!

So I am restating what I wrote in another post.

In CAS mode:
1) How about enabling ∡ so it does polar arithmetic algebraically exact. e.g. 2∡(π/6) * 3∡(π/6) = 6∡(π/3), (2∡(π/6))^2 = 4∡(π/3) etc for at least +,-,*, / ^ . I mean the calculations should be done exact using built in CAS functions.

2) Also, how about enabling the ∡ button to shift what's in "Ans" between polar and rectangular/Cartesian form algebraically when pressed on it's own (like it does in Home view but in decimal form). e.g. with 4∡(π/3) in Ans pressing ∡ would show 2+2*√3*i pressing ∡ again would return to 4∡(π/3).

It is really not that hard to do. Since all the building blocks are already built into the libraries in CAS, all you need to do is to build some simple functions calls and assign to ∡ ....

This would make life really easy for the high school student taking AP Physics and Calculus (and at collage).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rectangular to Polar Coordinate Conversion - Anders - 08-29-2017 05:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)