Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-23-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
Greetings, I now have two Intel Edison stacks (thanks also to Sparkfun) powered of a 2.0 usb hub 2.6A accessed via wifi and usb terminal(s) via 'screen' running on my Raspberry PI 2B. IBCC-- the itty bitty computer company... ha!

I've updated the mraa library to 0.6.2 and have codes running native with both static and dynamic user libraries; significant progress there from a software standpoint.

This week I am still addressing a couple of significant issues with some of this bleeding edge stuff... the mraa library [ mraa_gpio_init() ] causes wifi degradation in wpa_supplicant (this needs to be fixed asap or its a show stopper for mraa and the edison (at least as far as my plans are concerned). I have hope and some great expectation because at least one other person has reproduced this so the community will be on top of it. Also, I have made significant progress with RPL/2... it configures fine now ( but the build tools are still missing something, and about two hours into the make it throws up its hands, I think related to gawk or awk. Between JKB and myself this will be ironed out soon.

On a positive side the mraa library 0.6.2 has a minimal working API set that gives easy access to i2c, spi, ADC DAC, and GPIO... so making the Edison a collaborative connected calculator is absolutely doable as an IoT device... I am so pumped!

yocto linux is extremely stable... these little guys just run and run... days on end without a hickup... the important thing (just like with the Raspberry PI) is power. This is definitely NOT going to be a coin-cell calculator! But then, none of my coin-cell calculators are ever going to be collaborative either!

I've begun design on my 2D flatbed motorized pen plotter; and I've made some progress on acquiring a 3D printer that will be acceptable for keytops and cases...

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-23-2015 06:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)