Question about user vars
04-07-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Question about user vars
Hello,
I have read some threads from Han about user vars. That gave me more understanding, thanks Han.

Local vars, declared between "begin" and "end" are only available for that part of code.
Vars declared on the first program line (like; "var:=value") are global vars for hole the program and can also be used by other programs as "prog name"."var name". Those vars are not visible under key "vars" -> "user". (Can also be used in the home - command line.)
Vars declared as exported on the first program line are also global vars and also available for other programs, but will also be presented (and selectable) under key "vars" -> "user" -> "prog name".
In other words; the exported var can only be selected after selection of the corresponding prog name. This implicates (especially when you are using the same "var name" in other programs) that when you select the global var of a program the outcome in the command line, I think, must be "prog name"."var name".
It's not really a problem when you know how it works, don't use the same "var name" for exported vars!
I think the presentation of the (exported) user vars are not logical enough.

Greetings, Dirk.nl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about user vars - Dirk.nl - 04-06-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: Question about user vars - Dirk.nl - 04-07-2015 09:12 PM
RE: Question about user vars - Han - 04-09-2015, 01:15 AM
RE: Question about user vars - Dirk.nl - 04-09-2015, 05:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)