HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online
04-19-2015, 11:35 PM
RE: HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online
(04-19-2015 08:25 PM)jebem Wrote:  
(04-19-2015 02:18 PM)walter b Wrote:  BTW, Bart,

I know tiles from Lisbon. The bigger you come the harder you fall on them.
SCNR

d;-)

Do you mean the sidewalks tiles in Lisbon?

May I present a small (digest) dissertation, just for fun?

I had my fair share of crashes against the sidewalk pavements in Lisbon, specially on rainy days when using Portuguese expensive leather-soled shoes, walking around while looking to the nice nice looking people passing by.

Seriously, as I see it, the only thing worse than this, would be one Lisbon pigeon flying over your head and defecate right in your new nice shirt, while you fall down in the sidewalk tiles, trying to run out of the rain!

Actually this sequence of events have happened to me many years ago in Lisbon downtown.
Now, what are the odds of such event happening more than once in a person's lifetime?

But to be on the safe side, now I only use rubber-soled shoes made in Indonesia like everybody else, I do not run to shelter myself from the rain, I stop walking when I'm looking to nice people passing by (like any wise person would do in Lisbon Smile ), and I pay special attention to the building eaves as it can have one or more pigeons up there waiting for me!

P.S. - Please feel free to comment on my English style. I'm not a native English speaker and I'm I'm willing to learn until the day I die Smile

Hi Jebem,

I supose that Copacabana beach sidewalk here in Rio is made of portuguese tile too.

Thanks for the link and thanks to Portugal that gave us so many traditions and art, not forgeting our mother tongue.

P.S.: I too don't mind to be corrected in my so so english. Always have room to learn, after all it is uman to herr.

To O.P.: your work will be highly appreciated, for sure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-35S 'Guide for Dummies' being posted online - Jlouis - 04-19-2015 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)