hP PRIME - Notation of vector
04-28-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector
Discussion of the Smith Chart project should probably be moved to it's own thread, rather than hijack this one.

I can give a quick overview:

The initial goals were to be able to plot on a graphic chart:

1. gamma (reflection coefficient) or Zload parameters.
2. SWR in terms of forward and reflected power, and VSWR in terms of gamma or Zload.
3. The chart has a routine that allows clicking anywhere within, and displays the data point (complex) value in the upper right hand area; with the ability to clear all data, using a fresh chart. At this point, all of these things are implemented.

Additionally, I want to include more dynamic details, including network development for impedance matching, and capturing S-parameter info.

The "hell" of it was getting it all to work, and realizing afterwards how much better the coding could become, with benefit of experience. (translated: what NOT to do!).

Most challenging was computing the reactance circles (or arcs, as they appear on the chart). Fortunately, once I figured out how to get the upper (inductive reactance) circles, the other half (capacitive reactance) was easy! The starting point is the same for all of them, but the termination point on the outer resistance circle was not so easy to get working, for this old guy!

I find it very enjoyable, as I'm sure you do with your own projects, to carve away each technical difficulty, and see it finally emerge as the sculpture you (hopefully) envisioned. Other people, including my wife, see it as just another obsession! But, I'm always cautious NOT to mention anything about all that stupid fabric she collects, or the quilting remnants and other junk in her sewing room ...

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
hP PRIME - Notation of vector - wChris79 - 04-26-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-26-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-26-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-27-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-27-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-27-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: hP PRIME - Notation of vector - DrD - 04-28-2015 01:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)