Just bought another (new) 50g...
04-30-2015, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 05:44 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g...
(04-28-2015 09:44 PM)MarkMason Wrote:  Question for the group, should the package be opened to check the keyboard etc before storing?

I would not store it; that could actually do more harm than good. I plan to have a backup too (I have at least two of all my HP machines, and I have three WP34s machines). I would use BOTH of your machines; just use one as the primary and one as the secondary (from another location, or another desk).

I have a WP34s in my study, one in the den|comp lab|prototyping room, and one on my drafting table. The drafting table calc is also my man-bag mobile unit (along with one 35s, and my new 50g).

I plan to get another 50g (while supplies are still extant, and prices are looow) but I plan to use BOTH of them. Both of my 'dead' machines died in storage (even with the batteries removed). For one thing electrolyte caps tend to last longer (if it has them) when they are used frequently. The same holds true for LCD displays (use them some and they will last longer). My Sharp graphing calc died (I think due to a bad cap... will be replacing later... let you know). My Sharp (Radio Shack) TRS-80 started to go dark (bad LCD) when I quit using it (rats).

Use them.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Just bought another (new) 50g... - Sukiari - 04-27-2015, 12:59 AM
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g... - Han - 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g... - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-30-2015 05:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)