Formatting output (Terminal)
04-30-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Formatting output (Terminal)
(04-30-2015 04:09 PM)Michael K-K Wrote:  Furthermore my computer only has USB 3.0. So I guess updating with my equipment will not work. I managed to install the CK on my workstation at work (thanks to the IT), but without admin-powers the kit can not access the www.

The issue with the USB 3 was that in one mode (the updater mode) it reports itself as a mass storage device to the system and the other normal mode as HID. However, in each mode the "product" number was the same. When used on some usb3 ports, the "switch" between the two modes was not being recognized by the system as a change even though there was a power down. The system thinks that the same device is still there and doesn't load the new driver for it.

There is a documented process that involves going into the device manager and manually "removing" the driver. The system then recognizes it and works fine.

You could try just starting in "updater" mode by holding down the SYMB button and doing a pinhole reset. Don't have the connkit started yet. Once in the "update" mode, plug it into the computer and it will load the driver. Then start the connkit and it will ask if you want to update.

Note that it *does* require admin rights since you are doing a direct disk write over the USB. So if admin stuff is locked down on your end by IT then the whole thing may still be an issue! :-)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Formatting output (Terminal) - Michael K-K - 04-30-2015, 03:56 AM
RE: Formatting output (Terminal) - Tim Wessman - 04-30-2015 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)