Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between?
05-13-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between?
(05-10-2015 10:13 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  I have a hydrostatics example where the program code totally same for the two calculator and the 32Sii can to SOLVE that program and after few seconds gives a result but 35s can't.

Then obviously the 35s program contains an error. There are some significant differences between these two calculators, so 32s code may not work on the 35s and 35s code may not work on the 32s. For instance the 35s supports direct line addressing while the 32s doesn't.

If you post the 35s program here I'm sure the error will be found.

(05-10-2015 10:29 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Now that's interesting, though I guess not totally surprising, given all the other, let's say, "quirks" of the 35S.

And I forgot that the 35S changed the indirection register setup, so there's a potential incompatibility.

The mentioned problem most probably is not due to a "quirk" in the 35s. Indeed there are significant differences that make both less than 100% compatible. Using indirection is just one example: the 32s uses positive indices to address the variables A–Z. Which is ok due to its limited memory. The 35s uses the same indices for its huge extended memory (800+ variables), while the variables A–Z are addressed by negative indices.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between? - Dieter - 05-13-2015 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)