Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP?
05-28-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP?
Exactly, my point, if HP sold this calculators, you wouldnt have to worry about programming cables, keyboard layouts and what else... They could easily sell it for the same price the 35s is being sold today...

(05-28-2015 03:20 PM)Marcio Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 02:54 PM)jebem Wrote:  The WP-34S is a excellent project, but it is not that cheap when compared to a HP Prime in my view.

Even if you buy a HP-20B or 30B to re-flash it, on top of the buying price we need to add the cost of the keyboard layouts, plus the cost of materials to build a serial cable, plus the crystal mod, plus the donation for the project, plus the paperback user guide (it is a must if you ant to get the updated version), plus the electronic pdf format up to date user guide recently released.

Overall, I spent well above 90 Euros to build my WP-34S and get the full updated documentation.
It is not what I would call a bargain here in Europe.

And if you buy it ready made, the asking price will be around 70 to 90 Euros plus the shipping costs.
A HP Prime can be bought in Europe for about 100 Euro now, so the difference is not that huge anymore.

If only HP decided to join the party. Guess the 34s would be much cheaper and we wouldn't have to worry about overlays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP? - AnalogJoe - 05-28-2015 04:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)