TI-36X Pro: Best bang for your 20 bucks
05-31-2015, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 11:57 PM by CR Haeger.)
RE: TI-36X Pro: Best bang for your 20 bucks
Dave,

Thanks for the excellent review and your thoughts on this calculator. I agree that it's a really good value at $20. I have used one for about a year and my teen daughters use this often in place of a grapher - mainly due to its ease of use and test acceptance.

Although my history (and heart) lies with HP RPNs, this algebraic with mathprint is dead simple to use or construct an expression. I find being able to scroll up to review and/or click to copy earlier expressions a great and oft used feature. I agree that the multi-tap keys reduce keyboard clutter and are easy to use.

Set-op is useful as you stated and I had not thought of saving a set of conversion instructions - thanks. I did setup a quick and dirty Newtons method solver using: op=*0+x-f(x)/d/dx((f(x))|x=x→ x (where sto→ x stores initial guess)

I use the table f(x) often as it can be used almost anywhere else in the calculator. table 1 x is in my muscle memory at this point.

data lists is very flexible as you stated. Note that besides L1-L3, f(x) and x-d variables can all be used here.

On convert, I agree that getting from one unit to others or linear-area-volume are not always easy. You can raise the conversions to powers, like 1 m>yd^3 1.31.

Check out stat-reg, poly-solv and num-solv, all which guide the user to the desired operation and offer to save variables and/or results.

Finally, the numeric differentiation and integration are easy to setup and run.

Enjoy exploring!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-36X Pro: Best bang for your 20 bucks - CR Haeger - 05-31-2015 11:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)