Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables
01-18-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables
(01-15-2014 01:27 AM)Han Wrote:  That said, I am still not sure I understand your goal. You mention wanting to "save" a multivariable expression. What is meant by "save" -- are you looking for ways to create a "library" of frequently used formulas? Or are you merely interested in storing intermediate results (obtained by using diff(), int(), etc. on these formulas) for use in other calculations?

Han - thank you for taking the time to review the cases I was working with. Based on your response, I am beginning to gain a better understanding of how the Prime uses saved CAS expressions/equations in CAS and APPs.

As an Engineer, I am hoping to create libraries of frequently "used" formulas. "Using" these formulas may include: calculating them with known term values, solving numerically for an unknown, solving algebraically for an unknown and graphically plotting/analyzing them using a Prime APP. Furthermore, I may use the Prime to perform fairly simple regressions --> create new formulas for the library. I may need to perform two or more of the above in the same "session" using the Prime.

As a Father of middle/HS students, I am evaluating the Prime for their studies. I expect that they may be faced with evaluating expressions, equations algebraically, numerically and graphically. I want to see if the Prime could easily allow them to (1) key in and save them and (2) use them in CAS, Home and APPs without errors or having to retype everything.

I know this is a fairly broad topic. It seems that there are a few ways to correctly perform these tasks, however there appear to be many ways to run into errors or rework. I'm trying to find the correct path(s) on the Prime.

Best,
Carl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables - CR Haeger - 01-18-2014 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)