did anyone ever program in RPG?
07-03-2015, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 06:09 PM by Tugdual.)
RE: did anyone ever program in RPG?
The good news is that there is a lot of material to reheat your IT flame.
First on a conceptual standpoint I believe that IT activities stop when a comprehensive solution is delivered and this goes way above writing lines of code for the core features.
On a technical standpoint, there is more and more a convergence of many concepts into new solutions.
Do you know that most of the HTML code you see is actually generated by ASP and/or PHP servers? Have you seen how Java is embedded into HTML; google apps are the pinnacle of Java/HTML.
Are you aware of the possibilities of XML technologies? XML is a markup language that you can use to store structured data, control format with schema, transform data from XML to anything else, produce HTML or DOCx reports?
Trust me, the era when HTML was a markup language and Basic the real thing for programmers is far far away. I am myself amazed by the new possibilities and I have invested a lot of time into Qt which is free and available for anybody curious to explore solutions based on parallel multi-tasking, with their new QML interface definition language which is close to HTML.
By the way, I'm not an enthusiastic teenager or a young adult, there is no age to enjoy new things :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: did anyone ever program in RPG? - Tugdual - 07-03-2015 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)