look for bigger programme capacity, WP34s or HP35s ?
07-08-2015, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 01:42 PM by Marcio.)
RE: look for bigger programme capacity, WP34s or HP35s ?
(07-08-2015 10:41 AM)HKG Wrote:  Then, it will be a hard decision for me tonight.

Thanks again to all of you.

I suggest you install the emulators and read the manuals.

However, if you want my opinion, get both of them like I did. I particulaly don't like the quality construction of the 34s and its stickers (that are required and can be purchased separately) but it has far more matematical power and accuracy, that is a huge plus, it will probably have everything you need out of the box. Bugs are addressed almost instantly. The overlays will show signs of wear sooner than you think if you are a power user, but they can be easily replaced. It appears to me that the 34s is a bit faster than the 35s, others might have a different opinion. Complex numbers on the 34s are fully implemented. It somehow will require you to know how old HP calculators worked in the past, the learning curve is a bit steep.

The 35s, on the other hand, is certainly a better alternative for everyday use, the quality construction is superior, the keys are bigger and easier to read, the 35s has a retro look and it will probably stay with you for a very long time. It's almost as the same size as the 50g but it's nice to have all functions readily available on the keyboard, not buried in menus. You will need 3rd party programs to make it more functional and also to meet your needs. The bugs will probably not bite you, you have to seek them out really - check the list, just in case. The solver of the 35s is a lot more flexible, you can use it to solve a program or an equation from the equation list. Complex numbers are not fully implemented like they are on the 34s.

Marcio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: look for bigger programme capacity, WP34s or HP35s ? - Marcio - 07-08-2015 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)