Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
09-10-2015, 03:51 AM
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
The main reason I decided to make the Prime my primary graphing calculator is, well, because of the fantastic and advanced graphing features. The touch screen makes graphing and navigation of the menus SO much easier. Being able to zoom with the + and - keys... pure genius. The keyboard layout also appeals to me, though I must say I have to tip the calculator up at an angle to read some of the keys. The color choices are abysmal. Anyways, the CAS is very powerful but I have to be able to get by without it anyways. If I don't need the CAS or the graphing I use the Casio Fx-991ex. The Prime might not be the most complete package out there right now (and don't even get me started on selling me a gimped calculator that wouldn't support the advertised hardware features of the later hardware release), but I personally think it has the most potential and is going in the right direction. If I didn't care about the algebraic entry or the touch screen and graphing capabilities (seriously, being able to graph conics directly is a huge advantage) I'd be using the HP 50G for my CAS. The 50G is... very complicated however and would take some getting used to. The Prime nailed it for ease of use when it comes to common educational uses. Stick with it, it'll grow on you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list? - pwarmuth - 09-10-2015 03:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)