Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
Parmenedes,

There is much computational capability within the Prime. Your comments are similar to others that have preceded you. Looking back in time, those who have preceded you probably realize that you are just going through typical learning curve constraints, as you accumulate working familiarity with this device. It is frustrating at times, but you've still quite a ways to go, before you are in concert pitch tune with the Prime's actual status quo.

It begins with understanding the Prime's marketing goals. Fully realizing the two sides (HOME and CAS), as distinct modes, will be another thing to confront, before long. There will be things that are not as well developed for a 'specific need', as you might expect; with a diminishing quantity of actual bugs. But you probably will find the authors are forthright in providing guidance, which is above and beyond, and, thankfully, respected by a lot of us. It is helpful to recognize that this product has much more to offer than it lacks, and if one suggestion is at all worthwhile, please proceed with patience to learn the boundaries of each 'issue' as you encounter it. Asking questions along the way, rather than enduring the frustration, or agonizing over why something doesn't happen as you expect, can be valuable assist.

I've had the Prime for quite awhile now, and continue climbing the curve, made easier along the way with better understanding of the psychology, the mindset, that brings each feature to where it is today. This helps anticipate how things can actually work, rather than how I might have expected. Particularly, on the programming side, you will likely encounter this idea. The learning curve can be more easily ascended with this synergy, rather than reliance on historical product performance.

I hope you can relate to this suggestion, to work with the system, rather than against the tide. I don't mean any condescension, just passing along one of those, "been there, done that" tips to help you avoid traps that seem to capture those of us who have benefited from earlier technologies, and just don't 'get' why the Prime doesn't rise up, immediately, from those.

Soon you'll find the Prime much easier, more productive, and be better able to accept the evolution of this device. At least I have, and have seen others move in this direction. It will take you from the "Educator's" product, it's designed to be, more towards a "professional user's" product, quite adaptable to serious problem solving.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list? - DrD - 09-10-2015 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)