Power supply for HP Spice series (european)
07-17-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 07:24 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Power supply for HP Spice series (european)
(07-17-2015 01:41 PM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  I'm daily using a HP-32e but the power supply failed (as well as my backup). They are becoming hard to find so I was wondering if there is any way to repair them or an alternative such as a way to charge the battery outside the calculator?

My 34C runs on two standard Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloop NiMHs with a nominal capacity of 2000 mAh. Which means about four times the original battery's capacity. The two standard AA cells fit nicely into the battery compartement and they are connected with a piece of folded aluminium foil. I think there was some kind of metal clip at the right hand side of the battery compartment, which now is missing. Maybe this gives the additional millimeter of space that's required for the two batteries. On the other hand you may also consider special flat top cells. These are slightly shorter than their regular counterparts.

Charging is done externally with a decent processor controlled charger, usually within three or four hours. Which is not required very often since the capacity is so much higher than it used to be. Also, the Eneloops have virtually no self-discharge, i.e. they do not lose (much) capacity if the calculator is not in use.

Works for me.

BTW, since you own a 32E: could you do me a favour?
How long does does the Q–1 function require for x=1E–99, 0,01 and 0,2 ? That's something I always wanted to know. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power supply for HP Spice series (european) - Dieter - 07-17-2015 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)