Rocket Game - from 101 BASIC Computer Games
08-18-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: Rocket Game - from 101 BASIC Computer Games
(08-18-2015 12:14 PM)DrD Wrote:  I was wondering how you were detecting the result of your most current burn rate? As provided the program seems to just show the input screen, until the "Lander" terminates successfully, or not.

Hi DrD,

Yes you are correct in your observation. At present, I am only attempting to get portions of the "simulation" to operate as they did in the original BASIC program. I believe that I've achieved that with the simple falling body in a vacuum code that I presented. I've been trying a variety of other bits of code to see if I can get the decelleration as a function of the burn rate to work anywhere near close to the original, but I have failed in this so far.

My intention is to get the mechanics to operate as they did in the original BASIC program, and then move on to learn about getting it to display well on the Prime. Once I get a good replica of the original, I also intend to attempt to learn more about the Prime's display capabilities and embellish the program as you suggest.

Thanks very much for your input. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rocket Game - from 101 BASIC Computer Games - smp - 08-18-2015 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)