Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/-
08-30-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/-
(08-29-2015 03:44 PM)Spybot Wrote:  Hi tecnovelez! I've noticed that too.

but look... we usually have two "-" keys in our keyboards, one in the numeric pad and the other one on the numeric row that is above the letter keys. when using virtual calculator... one behaves as "-" and the other as "+/-".
I'd also like to have the "-" key that is in the numeric pad to act as the regular "minus sign", but I guess this is just the way things are now, hopefully future versions of the virtual calculator change that. I hope you find this useful.

Thanks Spybot, that was what I was doing untill fhub posted next thread

(08-30-2015 08:44 AM)fhub Wrote:  
(08-30-2015 02:21 AM)Skyblues Wrote:  I would love to swap the "-" and the "+/-" on the PC keyboard.
The line in any *.skin file for this is:
key=27,85,518,128,553,{109},{},{},["m""M"] #chs

109 is the scancode for the key <Num-> (on the numeric keypad), if you change this number to 189 then #chs is mapped to the regular minus key, and <Num-> works again as #minus.

Franz

YESSSSS FRANZ.... thanks a lot.. this is the solution I was looking for. I have made the changes and now all is working as I expected.

But now a new problem ... my natural concern and willingness to learn want to know what I've done ....

As indicated skyblues, I think it would be very interesting to know the internal structure for the skin files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virtual calculator: "-" maped as +/- - tecnovelez - 08-30-2015 07:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)