result on the display of HP50g
09-05-2015, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 07:29 AM by brickviking.)
RE: result on the display of HP50g
Here's the sequence of operations I followed with comments in (comments):
Code:

{Right-Shift} {7}     (NUM.SLV)
{3}    (polynomial)
{Left Shift} {-}  1.  0.  2.  0.  2.  {Enter}      (results in [ 1. 0. 2. 0. 2. ])
F6 (Solve)
Note: I didn't hit Enter at the first screen after NumSlv menu to go into the Matrix editor. I don't know what that does yet.

(EDIT) Whoops, I found out what that did, finally. My only question is, how on earth would you ever exit the Matrix editor without clearing what's entered in? I can't seem to get that to actually work.

I got a result line, which I then put into the stack with {Enter}. That showed me a line beginning with Roots:[(.4550898605, ......

I then hit {Down} like the manual told me to (Chapter 6, under "Finding the solutions to a polynomial equation"), which put me into a Line Editor. I go back to the stack with {Enter}, and hit {F2} on the Tools menu (View) to view the whole line in a scrollable form. I then hit TEXT to show the line in a smaller font. I think I can finally see what tigger's describing. It doesn't appear to wrap the lines, at least for a result like this.

(Post 16)

Regards, BrickViking
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
result on the display of HP50g - tigger - 09-03-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: result on the display - Joe Horn - 09-03-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: result on the display of HP50g - brickviking - 09-05-2015 07:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)