newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
12-09-2015, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 04:14 AM by Han.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(12-09-2015 02:15 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 10:40 PM)Helix Wrote:  I find that with long variable names, the menus appear a bit cluttered, especially the black menu. The main reason is that the first and last columns of pixels are used to display characters, contrary to the 50g.
A more pleasing look (at least for me), could be produced in several ways:
- returning to the system used by HP for the menus (which shortens the displayed names by two pixels)
This would be easy to do.
(12-08-2015 10:40 PM)Helix Wrote:  - inserting gray separators between the black menus, similar to the blank menus
- using only blank menus

I'll test the gray separators and see how they look.
The different color helps visualize that they are different menus, so I'm not sure about using all white, they need to be different somehow.
I'll work on a more polished look once the menus are fully functional, and we can test many different cases using TMENU.
I even thought of having the text slowly scroll on items that are longer than it fits on screen, but it might be too distracting, we'll see.

What about just drawing the "corners" of each menu item? So rather than using a complete open border (bottom menu) or completely filled in pixels (top menu), why not just draw enough to delineate the corners of the each menu item. As for coloring, I think it would not look too bad if they were all on white background, since the geometry of the menus would make it clear which is which.

Whatever you do, please don't put scrolling in... I don't want to be reminded of the old days when people where just learning how to create HTML and placed blink tags all over the place.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 12-09-2015 04:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)