newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
12-09-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 09:29 PM by Helix.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
I don't know if this is a known issue, but the sequence: OFF ON doesn't preserve the state of the calculator:
- If there is more than one page of variables, the calculator returns to the first page of the menus.
- The precision returns to the default value of 32 digits.

When writing a program, HIST doesn't register as STO (but when editing a program, it works correctly).

Editing a program with the down cursor doesn't open the multiline editor.

(12-09-2015 02:15 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 10:40 PM)Helix Wrote:  I find that with long variable names, the menus appear a bit cluttered, especially the black menu. The main reason is that the first and last columns of pixels are used to display characters, contrary to the 50g.
A more pleasing look (at least for me), could be produced in several ways:
- returning to the system used by HP for the menus (which shortens the displayed names by two pixels)
This would be easy to do.

Maybe leaving inactive only the first column of pixels in each menu item can be a good compromise, too.

(12-09-2015 02:15 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I even thought of having the text slowly scroll on items that are longer than it fits on screen, but it might be too distracting, we'll see.

The scrolling texts in the menus sound weird, unless this can be activated on demand. But it's probably not necessary if we have a way to visualize the entire names, like in the 50g with right shift + down cursor.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 12-09-2015 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)