Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!!
09-08-2015, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 10:48 PM by ScratchSF.)
RE: Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!!
Interestingly, I encountered this same problem when updated the firmware on my daughter's Prime. I got about 50% through when Windows 7 wanted to update the USB driver, or something like that. Anyway, it ruined the connection with the Prime. It would flash "HP" and then reset and flash "HP' and reset and so on. It was a bit disconcerting. After my first attempt at a reset, my connection screen looked like the one you posted. I eventually was able to get past it. Here's what I did:

1. Press and hold the Symb key
2. Press the reset button (through the little hole in the back) (I used a thumbtack).
3. Release the Symb key
4. Remove the little tack I used to press the reset button.

Once I did this, it returned to the connection screen in "recovery mode". So, at this point I was able to have it connect back to the PC where I used the HP Connectivity Kit to complete the firmware update. I think this is essentially same instructions as in the link earlier in the thread. Here's a link to another site that I found useful: https://www.educalc.net/2336439.page .

Now, everything seems to work properly.

Hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!! - ScratchSF - 09-08-2015 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)