HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
05-20-2022, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2022 06:22 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
(05-19-2022 07:36 PM)jonmoore Wrote:  Hi Angél, I finally got around to testing out your ace 16c emulator. And I gotta say, Greg and yourself really hit the ball out of the park with this one.

I took me so long to get around to loading it onto my DMC41x as I use a super-robust iOS 16c emulator (which I'd thoroughly tested in comparison to the 16c hardware, as a very understanding friend was willing to loan me his whilst I did an extensive set of tests to ensure the math lines up).

Only now do I realise I should have got to it sooner! Smile

This will probably be regarded as heresy by some, but in many ways, I think your emulator surpasses the capabilities of the original hardware. Not just in the brand new features, you added, but the alpha-numeric nature of the 41 makes programming so much easier.

I tend to keep your documentation at hand as an aide-mémoire to the command names but I do that with all your releases anyway (the spreadsheet format intro pages is all that's needed).

Thanks for the feedback Jon, I'm happy you find the emulator useful and an improvement over the original in some respects. Greg and I pulled all the stops and did our best on this project, so it's rewarding to hear it's appreciated.

(05-19-2022 07:36 PM)jonmoore Wrote:  However I did find one small bug, and that's that the mass keyboard assignment 16keys command is greeted by a nonexistent message.

I use the MKeys and ZK??YN mass key assignments in SandMath and 41Z all the time, as they come in handy for those common things you access all the time. And I can see that the custom layout for the HP16c emulator is equally well thought out, so it would be good if I could get it working.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

I just tried it on my CL, V41 and DM41X and it worked just as expected. Let's first make sure you have the latest revisions of the module and the Library#4, pls. use the attached MOD files to try it again and let me know if that solved the problem.

Cheers,
ÁM

Attached File(s)
.zip  HP-16C_BS.zip (Size: 21.06 KB / Downloads: 28)

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available - Ángel Martin - 05-20-2022 06:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)