HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
07-04-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
@Ángel, I had another testing session with the simulator today and found what I believe to be a serious bug. The arithmetic operation 16* doesn't work. I attempted to use it interactively by three different methods and all failed.

- Triggering 16* directly from the 16keys layout.
- Triggering 16* directly from the 16keys layout after first activating 16C.
- Triggering 16* via XEQ.

The plus, minus and divide arithmetic operations function correctly with all three of the above methods.

I also believe that the simulator should follow the default configuration of the hardware 16C by having a word size of 32 and 2's complement binary representation of signed integers. This is the most common binary representation on other calculators with binary functionality (apart from HP's RPL calculators, which require bespoke programs for 2's complement signed binary integer representation). It's great that you've extended upon what the 16C provides, but the defaults should be a facsimile of the 16C so things feel familiar for those with prior knowledge of the 16C.

I've encountered many situations where the 16C simulator has required me to reset my DM41x. Maybe this is something that affects original 41CX's to a lesser degree, as I tend to run 16C in a fully stacked DM41x so maybe I'm encountering conflicts (but the problems only occur when your 16C simulator is part of the mix). My active modules are typically (and in this order):

- Thermal Printer
- Warp Core
- HP-16C Simulator
- SandMath
- 41Z DeLuxe
- Sand Matrix

All are the latest versions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available - jonmoore - 07-04-2022 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)