HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
07-07-2022, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2022 08:26 PM by jonmoore.)
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
(07-07-2022 05:23 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Thanks for the clarifications and additional details Jon, I appreciate all feedback that may result in an improved user experience (and you're totally right there aren't many of them so better treat them well ;-)

I'm guilty as charged in that I tend to focus more on the more complex/difficult stuff, in detriment of the standard topics. It's part of the motivation to tackle the more challenging tasks, of course... I, however, always try to keep an eye on the ease of use and consistency, but of course there're highs and lows.

Nuff said, here's a Q&D proposal I would like you to try and let me know if eases the pain - even if minimally. The attached revision includes a shortcut to the 16KEYS sub-function in the main 16C launcher: pressing the SHIFted USER key does it

16C, [SHIFT], USER --> 16KEYS

So it's a first step - one that can be taken with just an ad-hoc code change, as incredibly enough there was spare room in the 16C assignments table. Going beyond that will be significantly more involved and probably expose us to trickle-down issues.

Your thoughts?

Thanks Ángel, really appreciate you looking into this. And your solution does the job very nicely indeed. Smile

All one need do is allocate 16C to one of the sixteen A->P shortcut keys in the CST menu of the DM41x; and then Shift USR is easily accessible in both the standard and USR keyboards.

I'm really surprised that configuring the USR key with a shifted value is possible seeing as it's not part of the core 35 USR keyboard keys on the original 41.

I'm presuming this solution only works for DM41x users, or is there a back door to to Shift USR on original 41 hardware too?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available - jonmoore - 07-07-2022 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)