help my hpprime does not start [solved]
03-03-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: help my hpprime does not start [solved]
(03-03-2016 03:02 PM)JanneF Wrote:  Hi,
I unboxed my physical Prime the day before yesterday. It is a "hardware version C" (G8X92AA#B1S) and is now upgraded from Rev 6030 to 8151. It indicates 100% full battery but still after hours of charging it instantly dies when I disconnect the USB cable.

I have tried disconnecting the battery and it doesn't matter if the calculator is switched on or off when the battery is put back. Problem remains Sad Is this a rare problem or am I likely to get another faulty calculator if I try to get a replacement?

I live in Sweden and sadly the only reply I got from HP support here is:
" There is no longer any support from HP for this product "

While waiting for Tim to notice your request and supply a more official and authoritative answer, you may try a few things.

1.- Charge the battery
I remember to read in these forums an issue with the battery level indicator reported by other users. Basically, the battery level may exhibit 100% full charge even when the battery is almost drained.
I have to say that my Prime has no such issues and the battery level works normally for these kind of devices and technology.

Also, USB computer ports may not supply the required current to charge the battery in a short period of time.

So, the first thing to do would be to put the Prime to charge for several hours (say, at least 6 hours) using the supplied AC charger.

2.- Replace the battery
The next thing to do is to make sure the original battery is not faulty, by replacing it with a good condition battery.

Well, if you already have opened the battery compartment to check the battery, then you may as well try another 3rd party battery (as long as it is compatible).
For example you may try the Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 battery.

The reasoning here is like this:
Batteries tend to dye with aging, specially when stored in a shelf for too long without any residual charge. Or the internal battery circuitry can be faulty as well.
When these faulty batteries are put to charge, they can show full charge after a very short time, even if they didn't receive any significant amount of charge.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: help my hpprime does not start [solved] - jebem - 03-03-2016 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)