HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
11-03-2015, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 05:03 AM by Bill Platt.)
RE: HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
(11-02-2015 09:16 PM)Vtile Wrote:  [quote='Han' pid='44939' dateline='1446478097']
Much of the activity related to the HP50G has come and gone (much of it on comp.sys.hp48) In fact, there was word some while back the that HP50G may be discontinued.
Unfortunate, but kind of expected. Haven't never used USENET mailing lists, totally not known part of web for me.

It is never too late to learn how to *actually* use the internet...

The 50G runs the whole 48G with Metakernel on an emulator. The processor was no longer available when the production of the 50G came along (this was also true during the 49G+ period). If you dig into c.s.hp48 you will learn all about it. You can crack into the 50G and write programs in assembly directly on the ARM processor. You can write C++ code on it. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff that is beyond me. But FUNDAMENTALLY, the 50G is a 49G, or a 48G with Metakernel. That means all the commands, the userrpl and sysrpl etc. HOWEVER in trying to build a robust software emulation of the original processor, entry points and clock speed were an issue, I remember certain bugs that got sorted early on.

Everything I just said should be taken with salt in the details. But the overall scope for you:
1. Learn how to use the internet.
2. Get the HP48GX manuals and read them. Start with the thin one and move up from there.
3. You don't ever need SysRPL unless you want to be a rock star or something.
4. RPL is not RPN programming. And 41C programming is not quite classic RPN programming. RPL is closer to a high level language whereas the other two are closer to the machine. So specific commands and ways of doing things on a Spice or a Voyager or a Pioneer will not apply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50g forums / community is there such alive? - Bill Platt - 11-03-2015 04:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)