Tim, where's the firmware update ?
02-24-2016, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 03:33 AM by d b.)
RE: Tim, where's the firmware update ?
(02-23-2016 07:34 PM)Han Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 07:07 PM)Archanus Wrote:   first taunting quote erased..

The reason why no one will ever tell us anything about upcoming firmware updates has been mentioned far too many times (even within this single thread). But to mention it yet again, the developers cannot make forward-looking statements (i.e. cannot give out dates of future updates, for example) because it would cost them their jobs. I am not sure how you are interpreting this as an angry statement -- it's a simple fact of being an employee of a large corporation that is more often run by lawyers than engineers.

Also, what good would it do to know the date of a future firmware? I do not understand how knowing the date of an upcoming update makes the calculator work any better.

Quote:PD: And if they release a new firmware, it has only one o two bugs fixed Confused Almost a year, for fixing only one or two bugs? Sad ... If only the Casio FX400 has the Prime's Hardware....... Our HP Prime has a lot of Potential, but it lacks of a lot of features, that the Nspire & Casio have... and I said before all the features that must have...

I don't think HP has ever released a single update for the HP Prime for which "only a few bugs were fixed" -- let alone just two. Usually when there is a long delay in updates, it's likely due to new features being added that have to go through extensive testing. (This statement is true regarding any sort of update, and is not necessarily targeted at just the HP Prime.) With respect to the HP Prime, if you look back at all the firmware updates, features have been added in most (perhaps all?) of them, and the bug-fixes were always a long list.

Honestly, unless there is a major bug that prevents the normal use of the calculator, I would rather not have to update my firmware every week (just making up a time frame) because the team decides to fix just a bug or two and publish updates quickly. Many people would simply get tired of having to update their firmware so often.

second taunting quote, in color and bold print complete with smilie emotocans erased
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tim, where's the firmware update ? - Archanus - 02-24-2016 01:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)