Use the appropriate "Ans" in a program in HOME or CAS
11-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Use the appropriate "Ans" in a program in HOME or CAS
Hello friends!

My question will look simple but after reading the user's manual and browse this site, I haven't found an answer in the last days I searched. So I am asking help here, even if I will probably look no good.

I've made a few functions (programs) in my HP Prime in the last years and many are based on the last answer computed. In the program if I use the variable "Ans", it will always take the last value from the HOME, even if I am in CAS. And if I use the variable "CAS.Ans", it will use the last result in CAS but it will also use it even if I am in HOME.

Is there a way I can simply adapt my program so it will use the appropriate last answer according to the view I am in so I could still use the same program? How could I programmatically determine in which mode or which view I am so I'll use the correct answer?

I am 90% of the time in HOME but sometimes I forgot I am in CAS, call my program and then did not realize but make bad calculation because it did not use the last answer I see in CAS but the one from HOME... If I could adapt the program, it would avoid these stupid mistake.

I've seen many variables to determine few other things mode and setup, but I am sorry, I did not figure that one for HOME or CAS.

Please, be kind and I don't laugh too much at me. :-)

Denis Bisson
Little electronic technician loving calculators
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Use the appropriate "Ans" in a program in HOME or CAS - explorerchess - 11-14-2015 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)