Google Chromebook, anyone try it?
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Google Chromebook, anyone try it?
(12-04-2015 04:19 PM)eried Wrote:  Is there is any difference between that chromebook and an android tablet with keyboard?

Well, I have a Kindle Fire 7 tablet and a Nexus 7 tablet, so the screen on the Chromebook is a lot bigger. I had a Bluetooth portable keyboard for them but I think I loaned it to my daughter and never got it back (typically). Typing on those tablets, even with the keyboard, was never a pleasant experience, but typing on the Chromebook is pleasant, not quite as good as a big PC keyboard, but much much better than the tablets.

The tablets never had a readily accessible file system like a PC does. Yes, I know you could get apps that give you access to the file system, but it's just not the same. The Chromebook does have a file system accessible from two apps that come with the computer, one called Files and one called Google Drive. You can use either app to see what files you've got and double-click on them to open them, like spreadsheets or documents. I'd say that's a principal difference between the Chromebook and tablets.

I use the tablets only for entertainment. I'll use the Chromebook for more "serious" stuff (given that I am retired, there is not a lot of serious stuff in my life).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google Chromebook, anyone try it? - Don Shepherd - 12-04-2015 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)