SwissMicros: it's time for the DM16L
02-17-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: SwissMicros: it's time for the DM16L
I have serial number 00079, and while I admittedly don't use it a ton, the keys are working fine as far as I can tell (same for my DM41L). They have a shorter throw and require a little bit more force than a "real" 16C, but I don't find them at all unpleasant to use. Mine wobbles a bit on the desk - not sure if the case is deformed or if the rubber feet aren't even. LCD quality was a little spotty on these early units, and mine has developed a couple of extremely tiny black spots, as well as a very thin blackened strip along part of the top edge. Again, nothing major, and I think I read this only affected early units. The big advantage of the DM16L is that it's much faster than the visibly sluggish HP 16C.

I have one of the PX-15C kits on the way right now. There's also a PX-16C and PX41C available, so depending on how good the tiny keys are (I'll report back once I have mine built), this might be a viable option for those that like kit-building, as the cost is around half the Swiss Micros versions when outfitted with the aluminum faceplates and bumper.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SwissMicros: it's time for the DM16L - Dave Britten - 02-17-2022 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)