when tcollect goes (sorta) buggy....
12-19-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: when tcollect goes (sorta) buggy....
Either way, thank you for your answer, Dr. Parisse - I don't know if I shouldn't just report these things directly to you in the end. Or whether they are of real value (please advise on this.) Or if I'm just being a nuisance with these reports.

I do like to fool around with the calculators (Prime and 50G) and indeed the CAS system is very powerful, but on occasions, I feel that the same power is very hard to control by the user (such as with the example above). I know that many times even very massive systems such as Matlab and its kind go very wrong, due to the very same reasons. But they are algorithms, doing what they were supposed to do, and indeed CAS systems aren't very good with guessing what the user might want Smile that latter would be a very different field altogether.

Personally, I dislike the "unify everything with a common denominator" approach that is present in many of these systems... but that is just personal preference. I'd use a separate command for to find common denominators. But then again, many people are probably used to the way how it works now.

PS: I am uncertain of the title. I apologise if I got it wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: when tcollect goes (sorta) buggy.... - quinyu - 12-19-2015 09:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)