svn2github's WP34S SVN mirror on GitHub
02-27-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: svn2github's WP34S SVN mirror on GitHub
Having been bitten by SourceForge's bundled malware aka. the DevShare program, I'm encouraged by this Feb. 9 announcement on their site:

Quote:At the end of January, SourceForge and Slashdot were sold to BIZX, LLC by DHI Group, Inc. As the new owners of two iconic sites, we are excited about the future and what we can do together. We’ve already started to take action, and are developing further plans for the site. We encourage your feedback to help us shape the future direction for the site.

Our first order of business was to terminate the “DevShare” program. As of last week, the DevShare program was completely eliminated. The DevShare program delivered installer bundles as part of the download for participating projects. We want to restore our reputation as a trusted home for open source software, and this was a clear first step towards that. We’re more interested in doing the right thing than making extra short-term profit. As we move forward, we will be focusing on the needs of our developers and visitors by building out site features and establishing community trust. Eliminating the DevShare program was just the first step of many more to come. Plans for the near future include full https support for both SourceForge and Slashdot, and a lot more changes we think developers and end-users will embrace.

Stay tuned for future announcements about how we’re making SourceForge better for everyone.

Logan Abbott

President

SourceForge Media, LLC

By "encouraged", I mean, of course, that if they keep this up, I might be willing to download from the SF website around the same time as the last bug is removed from the HP Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: svn2github's WP34S SVN mirror on GitHub - DMaier - 02-27-2016 07:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)