why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive
04-10-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive
(04-10-2018 02:23 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  
(01-18-2016 08:41 PM)damaltor Wrote:  Well, my trusty old 83+SE brought me through my degrees. The answer is, at least for me, simple: because they are friggin good calculators!

Seriously, TI calculators are well-made machines with good algorithms and also usually very good usuability. The fact that you can put games on them is funny, too - but no exclusive to TI.

If you are searching for a good, fast and reliable (though huge) calculator from TI, go for the TI-92 plus - they usually sell cheap. i bought mine for 10 bucks.

$10, that is a bargain! I paid about $150 when I bought the TI-92 Plus back when it was released, at least ten years ago.

Indeed! You can't find them that cheap this side of the pond. They typically go for £80 to £100 on TAS over here (roughly $115 to $140).

If size is an issue then you could always look for a Voyage 200, which is basically the same thing as the TI-92+ but with some more flash memory, a slightly faster CPU and a real-time clock built in but quite a bit less bulky.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive - grsbanks - 04-10-2018 05:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)