Opinion on HP41C for CL conversion
03-03-2016, 03:15 AM
Opinion on HP41C for CL conversion
I have an HP41C, tall keys, I have set aside for an eventual CL upgrade. I found an old PPC article with a program for determining which 'bugs' are present in a given machine.

I've entered the program and run it and only have 'bug' 7. (seemingly identical looking alpha strings may not test identical)

There is nothing special about a tall keys 41C, serial # 1944A----- is there ??

I'd hate to donor body the only tall keys with only bug 7 left in the world, but if they are copiously plentiful, no problem.

(I'll remove the circuit board and store it in a static free bag, forever I suppose)

I'm also going to take the bushing between the two halves of the calculator and paint it silver too.

This 41C is in really good condition overall, the rubber feet seem to be original and aren't worn, no corrosion in battery pack or contacts, and the keyboard is tight, clean, and actually looks new.

Figure this is the best choice of 'the fleet' here to turn into a CL. I just really don't want to zorch a rare one though. I've got through tax season, and it's time to start moving towards getting a CL.

At long last. Wink

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Opinion on HP41C for CL conversion - TASP - 03-03-2016 03:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)