Pragmatics of a polyphonic calculator (chapter 2)
02-08-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Pragmatics of a hypothetical polyphonic calculator
Thanks for sharing your vision of how this device would be used, and why you wanted to list the minimum requirements for making a device that would accomplish your envisioned hardware/software embodiment. After noticing the "Color" display requirement, I began to wonder if perhaps this device could be more easily implemented as an Android, or iPhone app. These gadgets already have all of the other requirements, in addition to the color screen requirements. Since Android, and Cell Phone devices already include sound card equivalent hardware, I believe polyphonic sound would be within their capabilities as well. For "Dedicated Hardware" to be practical you really should have at least several HUNDRED users ready to invest in the specialized hardware, otherwise it is just easier and less risky to create an APP for existing hardware. I don't say this to diminish the enthusiasm that you obviously have for creating such an instrument, only to help you to achieve that goal with the shortest time to market, and least development costs. Custom hardware carries with it non-trivial development costs and risks, that can and should be avoided, if the same product can be created with application software on existing hardware. This is only my humble opinion as a senior Electronics Engineer and Software Developer. I wish you the very best of good fortune and hope you continue to strive to bring your dreams into reality. Sincerely, Barry Mead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pragmatics of a hypothetical polyphonic calculator - BarryMead - 02-08-2016 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)