Trigonometric Functions for the HP-38C/HP-12C
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Trigonometric Functions for the HP-38C/HP-12C
(07-12-2017 07:21 PM)tiptongrange Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 06:01 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Does the simulator you're using faithfully replicate the Platinum? There's at least one subtle difference regarding stack lifting when compared to the classic 12C.

I don't think it does, I'm using one written by RML Tools. I'm having a couple of problems right at the very beginning of the program. First, if I enter 30 and then directly go to R/S without hitting the enter key, the first line of the program will append the 2 to the end of 30 making it the number 302.

Second, if I hit enter first, on step 003 - Roll Down sends the 2 to the T register, then on step 004 - RCL .0 lifts the stack which loses the 2 off the top of the stack. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for your help.

That product is a simulator of the 12C, not an emulator; an emulator would be running the original firmware, and therefor should act identically.

That program likely acts close to the 12C, but not identically. You should contact the seller and ask them how their program differs from a real 12C. Without that knowledge, you cannot tell how a given program will run. Some programs will run just fine, others may not since they were designed and tested on real 12C hardware or emulators. Specifically ask about the program's accuracy (same, worse or better than a 12C) and also about program mode.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigonometric Functions for the HP-38C/HP-12C - rprosperi - 07-12-2017 08:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)