Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
03-26-2016, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 11:51 PM by BASICProgrammer.)
Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
Hello, everyone. This is my first thread and I wanted to hear some advice and opinions of everyone on the forums. My main objective here is to get a portable pda of sorts that can do some form of scripting or programming. I aspire to be a computer scientist and enjoy programming with core batch and TI-BASIC and sometimes I even do a little bit of dabbling in Java. Unfortunately, I am 14, meaning I was a bit late to the party and don't have as much money and only enough knowledge to understand basic ideas and know-hows of binary searches, standard syntax, and mathematical concepts. My only portable programming device is the ti 89 titanium , and while very powerful, I feel the need to expand my "Library". I have a couple of devices I've considered, one actually Hewlett Packard. I have a couple of questions as well. Feel free to suggest any device that might suit me considering my little bio above.

(1)HP 95lx - my only question is can it create executable dos files by itself (stand alone)?
(2)TRS 80- Only issue is that these aren't cheap but are otherwise acceptable
(3)Tandy PC 7- While there are some big disadvantages, I could still use it for some basic scripting and get by with the small tasks I'm doing.
(4)Psion organizer II- from what I've heard its compatible with BASIC syntax or atleast a similar interface(ide), I'll just need some clarification and if I get more into it, I'll get a manual (pdf).

I might add, depending on the way things go ,and also, thanks for all the support and advice
-Bas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc - BASICProgrammer - 03-26-2016 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)