Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
04-03-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
(04-03-2016 05:32 PM)BASICProgrammer Wrote:  Well my final contestants are the hp 95lx, the tungsten c, and the pocket computer, chip. The hp 95 I already assume can run memo files as .bat files. It has a monochrome screen that has some larger text so it won't strain my eyes anymore. I can add ides form palm os and can communicate over wifi and send emails on tungsten c. The chip is great and all but has a long release date. I might check for those vhs sized lenovos but I'm getting really close to my desicion. Thanks, all.

I always wanted one of those Tungsten Cs. Be aware that given its age, it may not connect to wireless access points using WPA2 encryption. If it doesn't, you'd have to either use weaker encryption on your access point, or some access points will allow you to have a second guest network with weaker/no encryption. Just something to research and consider before spending a lot on one and any accessories.

Of those, I'd say start with a 95LX and GW-BASIC (plus QuickBASIC or TurboC if you can get a decent SRAM card) if you want something now, and keep an eye on the PocketCHIP when it comes out in the next couple of months.

Side note: Lotus 1-2-3 is still the best handheld spreadsheet I've used on any device, and I've tried tons of them ranging from the 95LX up through my iPad. You can make really handy data entry sheets or interactive calculators if you get comfortable with formulas and macros.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc - Dave Britten - 04-03-2016 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)