Casio fx-61F: Scientific Electric Formula 27
04-05-2016, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 03:06 PM by jebem.)
Casio fx-61F: Scientific Electric Formula 27
I am looking since long time after this little beauty from Casio, model fx-61F, the only brand that I'm aware of able to produce such a specific machine.

Even LeDuDu doesn't have it yet!

I was surprised to find out that a neighbor of mine, this old retired engineer, has got one in his possession. Unfortunately, he is not willing to part with it.

This is a 10 digits mantissa + 2 digits exponent algebraic calculator oriented for the electrical engineer.
Some features:
- programmable with 30 steps (one function/step) supporting basic tests and jump;
- 14 internal registers (from these, one user memory and 6 constant memories are non volatile);
- sporting dedicated keys for impedance, parallel, angle of deviation and angular frequency calculations;
- 27 built in electrical formulas;
- complex number basic arithmetic handling;
- statistical functions;
- dec/hex/bin/octal base conversions and arithmetic support;
- R<->P conversions;
- common scientific functions.

And because it is oriented for engineers, it allows you to select the engineering exponent by choosing the unit as symbols directly from the keyboard (from Pico to Mega only) which are translated to the correct exponent value in the display.

The cherry on top of this cake is the hybrid power supply based on solar power and a single 1.5 Volt GR-927 lithium battery cell.
You save power during daylight and can still work when in the shadow.

Image from a TAS seller repository:
[Image: 636435076_o.jpg?nc=934]

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Casio fx-61F: Scientific Electric Formula 27 - jebem - 04-05-2016 03:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)