Updated 41Z : Deluxe Edition available
05-12-2016, 03:09 AM
RE: Updated 41Z : Deluxe Edition available
Hi Angel,
It seems the short upset argument you posted previously on Simplex problems is answered by Prof Arsham, some 6 years after that article appeared.

"(An algorithm for simplex tableau reduction: the push-to-pull solution strategy. H. Arsham, T. Damija, J. Grad. 2003) Concluding remarks: LP problems, which lack feasibility at the origin point, have raised difficulties since the beginning of LP. For such problems, the ordinary simplex algorithm requires additional variables (i.e., artificial variables) along with large penalty terms in the objective function. Unfortunately, adding these extraneous variables creates computational instability [6,7] and increases the computational complexity [8]. Moreover, classroom experience shows that some students, particularly non-mathematical majors, have difficulty in understanding the intuitive notion of such requirement [2].
We proposed a new general solution algorithm, which is easy to understand, and it is free from any extraneous variables."

Mind you I fully understand the complexity of a venture into the tricky programming of an mCode Simplex algorithm, its not something to be done without considerable effort. Maybe this 'project' is a bit to much to hope for? I think a team effort of mathematical programmers, like that used for the PPC Rom would obviously be more able. Contacting Jean-Luc might provide insights/help?
DA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated 41Z : Deluxe Edition available - derekamos - 05-12-2016 03:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)