[WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
02-07-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
(02-06-2014 06:10 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  I like the way you display a y at the beginning of the 2nd line display after a Polar to Rectangular conversion, and the angle symbol after a Rectangular to Polar to conversion. This is remarkably similar to a two-line display mode developed by our friend Nigel Dowrick (see this old Forum thread).
It's similar because my work is based on the original Y register display. Smile

(02-06-2014 06:10 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  Or maybe indicate by lighting both of those at the same time - the cognitive dissonance evoked by having both lit might be a better reminder than having both unlit.
It'd certainly be a very noticeable reminder, but I don't like the idea of creating cognitive dissonance. If there's demand for it, I don't mind making it a compile time option and releasing a binary in which it's enabled, but I wouldn't use it myself.

(02-06-2014 06:10 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  The only other comment I have is, is it my imagination, or is response to keystrokes a little sluggish? When entering a multi-digit value, it seems like the numbers appear in the display relatively slowly, especially if I am using both thumbs to key in the value. Not a big deal, just wondering if it is really there.
It's not your imagination. I consider it a bug: a regression like that is unacceptable. I'll look into it once I have the time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc. - Bit - 02-07-2014 01:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)