Casio College fx-80 : which IC hides inside ?
06-02-2016, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 05:50 PM by jebem.)
RE: Casio College fx-80 : which IC hides inside ?
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I don't own this model, so I can't tell what processor is using.

Two remarks:

In those old times Casio used to release several different models sharing the same processor and firmware, only changing the keyboard labeling and sometimes using a different display.

I'm away from home and do not have access to my personal database, but from the top of my head I remember one example of it because I had bought one fx-39 that had hand written labels in the arithmetic operators.

I tried them and it seems that the fx-39 can perform the same functions as found on other models like the fx-120 for instance.
I'm checking a few internet images for the fx-120, and I remember to check the R->P and P->R functions on the fx-39 and it worked fine.

So, using the same thinking for the fx-80, maybe the next model, the fx-81, shares the same processor.
Looking to the pictures of the fx-81, and assuming the fx-80 is similar, it seems that we just need to undo those 5 screws on the PCB to remove it.
The LCD display should come attached to the PCB.
From what I know from Casio machines of that era, they are very well built and easy to service, so I would be surprised to learn that it would be different on the fx-80.

But it is your machine, and your decision to not open it that I respect.

Cheers,
Jose

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casio College fx-80 : which IC hides inside ? - jebem - 06-02-2016 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)