Interesting prototyping approach
06-01-2016, 02:58 AM
RE: Interesting prototyping approach
(05-31-2016 07:06 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  I do like some of the ideas there, and I wish him success.

Related to what he says about low-cost alternatives (which I've seen plenty of), I can say that nearly 40 years ago, I was super interested in photography. I learned to develop my own film and I had access to a darkroom to print my pictures. At a very low cost, I got a roll of 100 feet of bulk 35mm film which I would load into the cassettes myself, and thought, "I can finally afford to quit being stingy in what pictures I take!." But what happened was that the low cost made me a lot less careful, and the number of good pictures I got actually went down, not up. (I think you can see where I'm going with this.)

Wow - do I agree with you on this, with regard to digital photography. I took slides for 40 years. That cost almost a dollar a shutter push by the time you were done (film + developing). In those 40 years, I took some 7000 frames.

Now with my digital SLRs, I have taken probably 100,000 frames in less than 10 years, and on average they are nowhere near as good as the slides.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting prototyping approach - Dave Shaffer - 06-01-2016 02:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)