Which RPN models have 26 memory keys A to Z?
06-05-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: Which RPN models have 26 memory keys A to Z?
(06-05-2016 06:45 AM)ReachDanSutton Wrote:  WP-31 (the Hewlett Packard "WP"-31 is one I located on a site yet I cannot find one of these to purchase anywhere yet it does have the multiple memory keys like my 32II does).

The WP31s is not a usual HP calculator but a community project. You will find the three major developers on this website's forums. "WP" are simply the initials of Walter and Pauli. ;-) The calculator is a simplified version of the WP34s, and both are based on HP hardware, i.e. an HP20B or 30B, running custom firmware.

The WP31s has keys that are labelled with letters, but it uses numeric register addresses (R00, R01 etc.). Letters are only used for the stack registers X, Y, Z and T, as well as for J and K which are used for special purposes, and finally I and L which hold the imaginary and real part of LastX.

You'll find hundreds, if not thousands of posts about the 31s and especially the 34s in the forum archives of this website. Although most users make their own 31s or 34s from a standard 30B, dedicated firmware, a special connection cable for flashing and finally a custom keyboard overlay, you can also purchase a complete calculator - take a look here and here. However, the 31s seems to be unavailable, and this could also soon happen to the 34s.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which RPN models have 26 memory keys A to Z? - Dieter - 06-05-2016 07:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)